international mobility – ITALY (1 DAY)
Getting used to the country
1. Understanding Italy
• Italy in its spaces: Europe, the Mediterranean
• Latin origins: language, cultural references, the “myth” of origins, etc.
• Diversity of regions: how many Italies?
• Political, economic and social news
2. Italian values and behaviours
• A Catholic tradition: a majority rule religion that shaped society.
• The persistence of strong cultural, historical and economic links
• Family traditions: very different types of family organisation according to the regions
• The importance of personal exchanges, relationships in general and appearance
Getting used to socialisation patterns
3. Italian communication styles
• Informal and direct relationships
• Using rhetoric to convince, even impress
• Communicating: beyond words
• Making the most of the sympathy granted to any foreigner by integrating the Italian approach
4. Living and socialising with the Italians
• The “bon vivant”: a certain informality
• Socialising: getting to know people, getting acquainted, taboos and sensitive subjects
ADAPTING TO EVERYDAY LIFE
5. Expatriate life in Italy
• Moving and everyday life: procedures, accommodation, health, etc
• Leisure, expat communities
• Schools, extracurricular activities, sports.
6. Focus on your expatriation city
• Getting your bearings, moving around the city
• Unmissable things to see and do
7. Making your expatriation a success
• Preparing for adaptation phases
• Practical advice, questions-answers
• Action plan: plan and objectives for the expatriate and their family.