international mobility – UNITED ARAB EMIRATES (Dubai, abu dabi, etc.) (1 DAY)
Getting used to the country
1. Understanding the United Arab Emirates
• The UAE (Abu Dhabi, Dubai, etc.): seven monarchical Emirates
• Population: 16% Emiratis and 84% immigrants: what are the challenges?
• A prosperous State, regional disparities and economic diversification
• The UAE and the world: openness and search for alliance
2. Emirati values and behaviours
• Coexistence of Bedouin values and traditions and the heritage of a dominant Anglo-Saxon system: language, education, economic liberalism
• The cultural blend of the active population, a lever of the economic boom and a factor of distinctions
Getting used to socialisation patterns
3. Emirati communication styles
• The rules of social life organised around an omnipresent and open Islam
• The individual and his/her family, his/her clan: common interest, group priorities, stigmatisation of individualism
4. Living and socialising in the Emirates
• A rich Emirati population of annuitants across from an emigrated population that works?
• Behaviour standards in public, rules and codes
• Status of women: a complex challenge beyond prejudices
ADAPTING TO EVERYDAY LIFE
5. Expatriate life in the Emirates
• Moving and everyday life: procedures, accommodation, health, etc
• Leisure, expat communities
• Schools, extracurricular activities, sports.
6. Focus on your expatriation city
• Getting your bearings, moving around the city
• Unmissable things to see and do
7. Making your expatriation a success
• Preparing for adaptation phases
• Practical advice, questions-answers
• Action plan: plan and objectives for the expatriate and their family.