international management – EGYPT (1 day)
professional environment and values
1. Economic and social environment
• Franco-Egyptian political relations
• The modern Egyptian identity, the result of a complex heritage
• A country at the centre of regional geopolitical challenges
• A changing society
2. Cultural tendencies in the workplace
• The role of religion. Islam and work life.
• The family system and its influence on organisational behaviours
• The role of women in society. Access to key positions?
• Openness. Critical thinking developed?
3. Egyptian relational methods
• Friendliness, hospitality: appearances and realities
• Trust as a basis for social relationships. How to develop it?
• Jokes and humour. What can you laugh about?
• Social codes and best practices
• Sensitive subjects
4. At the workplace
• Keeping up appearances
• Relationship culture: initial contacts and intermediaries
• Oral communication culture: how to communicate effectively
• Negotiation: a hard then partnership-based approach
Managing teams and projects
5. Management practices and tools
• Managing effectively: credibility and leadership
• Decision-making: who and how?
• Managing meetings and actions
• Valuing skills and promoting responsibilities
• “Patience, the key of paradise”: how to manage a culture with a flexible approach to time?
• Remote work
• The meaning of the contract
6. Operational applications
• Advice when starting a job
• Action plan