international management – MALAYSIA (1 day)
professional environment and values
1. Economic and social environment
• Malaysian and ASEAN
• The economic emergence of an Asian tiger
• Economic life: foreign investments, State companies, etc.
• Ethnicities, communities and their integration in the company
2. Cultural tendencies in the workplace
• Influence of family hierarchy
• Sharing good fortune
• The "village”, even in business?
• The Malays and money
3. Malaysian relational methods
• Know-how in business: can you talk about anything?
• Small talk:
to do what?
• “Saving face” or “giving face”: importance in business
, networks and corruption
• The kerajaan
and business: a state of mind
4. At the workplace
• Passing on messages
• Recognising the “no”
• Training staff and transferring knowledge
• Remote communications
Managing teams and projects
5. Management practices and tools
• Differences between the European and Malaysian world view: permanent or cyclical world? strategic or opportunistic? conceptual or pragmatic?
• The role of the Chinese and Indians in the business world
• Your “credibility profile”: the status of the manager
• Creating collective harmony: Selemantan
• Accountability, relationship with time and project management
• Meetings and decision-making
• With Malay officials and intermediaries
6. Operational applications
• Advice when starting a job
• Action plan