international management – russia (1 day)
professional environment and values
1. The Russian professional mentality
• Economic upheavals and political realities: the impact on the business
• Time management
• Personal relationships
• Russian particularism
• The importance of the group
2. Communicating with the Russians
• Direct and explicit communication; how to be well understood
• Communication within business
• Etiquette and behaviours in the workplace
• The choice of communication media.
• Working with interpreters
• Relationships between men and women in the workplace
3. Doing Business
• Negotiation-conflict: which vision?
• How to establish credibility
• Relationship before the task
• The time for negotiation
Managing teams and projects
4. Working with Russian teams
• The distance from power, the importance of the hierarchy
• The three types of Russian managers
• Time and deadline management
• Respecting the rules
• How do the Russians give you their trust?
• What is a “good manager” in Russia?
• Managing a project
• Corruption and blackmail within the public administration: how to react
5. Operational applications
• Advice when starting a job
• Action plan