international management – CROSS CULTURAL TRAINING JAPAN (1 day)
professional environment and values
1. Companies in Japan
• Japan Inc and the Keiretsu
• Life within the Kaisha
: careers, head office/subsidiary relationships.
• Changes since 2011
• Seniority, hierarchy and the role of women.
2. Japanese professional values
• Wa or harmony, the real meaning.
• Samurai and code of honour.
: you are inside the circle or outside.
• Details are never details.
• Developing professional relationships within the company... and outside!
Communicating effectively WITH the JAPANESE
3. Initial contact and propriety
: why you don’t understand.
• Social codes, gifts, dress code?
• What makes the Japanese feel uncomfortable.
• Making initial contact with your Japanese counterparts easier
4. At the workplace
• Communication styles: high/low context? Direct or indirect style?
• Phone, emails, videoconference: remote communication.
• Conflict resolution and expression of opinions.
Managing teams and projects
5. Management practices and tools
• Meetings, Nemawashi, consensus and decisions.
• The decision is long but the execution is quick!
• Relationship creation and maintenance.
• Importance of the face.
• Managing a Japanese team
• Project management.
• Negotiating using a “win-win” approach
6. Operational applications
• Advice when starting a job
• Action plan